Friday, April 19, 2013

Emergency Preparedness Conference

Mike asked me to volunteer at the conference.  I arrived about 10:00 a.m., introduced guest speakers and checked tickets at the door.  I loved it.   
Truly, the first person I was greeted by was my sister, Ann.  Neither she nor I knew the other would be there.
 It was great to say, "Happy Birthday."  She and I have birthdays a week apart, which we just celebrated, but had not had the opportunity to tell each other in person.
 As I greeted guests at the door, I met Monica, a volunteer from Venezuela.  Isn't it amazing how you immediately connect with some people?  We did!
 I checked out the Utah State Extension booth.  Scott was managing it with a smile.  I told him that I was Mike's mother-in-law, and he said "I hired Mike."  We had something in common.  We were both there because  Mike was traveling around the world.  He is good at that.
 Another instant friend was Bonnie.  We had a great time smiling.
In addition to learning about being prepared, I had a great time talking to people.  I'll certainly do it again.  

0 comments: